What is a tag? Electronic tag (or transponder) is nowadays the most advanced non-contact sensor technology, which RF signal automatic target recognition and access to relevant data. Since 1998, Texas Instruments (TI) and Philips Corporation (Philips) announced the development of a low-cost non-contact sensor chip, to 2000, the International Organization for Standardization has written this non-contact sensor chip International standard ISO15693.
Currently, many companies are conducting global radio frequency identification (RadioFrequen2cyIdentification, RFID) technology, and RFID chips will be embedded in the electronic tags in their products for real-time tracking of goods, promotion and security.
Intellident is a company specializing in the use of bar code and smart label tracking system for data integration vendors, first half of 2004, Atlanta GeorgiaPa2cific companies with combined its test, the RFID tag embedded in the production of corrugated boxes.
Finnish company has also developed a sticky piece of paper packaging with RFID tag antenna. RFID technology will be applied to logistics management, supply chain management more closely to ensure the joint, thereby increasing productivity, access to great profit.
1 works Tag is a data carrier, usually coupled devices (coils, microwave antenna) and the application used to store the identification information storage and microelectronics chips. Information storage in the data obtained through reader, a reader typically include high-frequency module (transmitter and receiver), the control unit and the coupling element (antenna). Electronic tag according to the availability of power can be divided into active and passive RFID tag, according to internal use different memory types can be divided into read-only tags and can read and write tags. Typically, the electronic tag is not their own power supply, when the reader into the work area, the antenna receives a specific reading electromagnetic waves emitted by the label on the coil will be induced current in the rectifier and a capacitor charging through. After the capacitor voltage after a voltage regulator, this time on the reader or tag chips for data modification, storage. The benefits of passive electronic tag is that it has a permanent period of use.
Tag is a non-contact automatic identification technology, automatic identification through radio frequency signals and obtain relevant data, identification of the work without human intervention, and the same is confirmed quickly and accurately track the target object than bar codes, electronic labels advantages are as follows:
1) can read data through the external material (no visibility requirements);
2) waterproof, anti-magnetic, high temperature, can work under poor working environment, a longer service life;
3) can be embedded or attached to different types of products;
4) increased reading distance range, no line aligned scan;
5) less time to write the data, store large amount of information;
6) also can read more than one card, and you can read the label on the movement of information;
7) and various sizes of ultra-thin shape, so that it can be packaged in paper, plastic products (PVC, PET), can be used in different settings, they can be further layer of repression card. RFID advocates believe that the technology is closely linked with the electronics supply chain together, is expected to replace bar code scanning technology the next few years.